Monday, January 9, 2012

Umkhonto We Sizwe.


The African National Congress (ANC) celebrated its 100th anniversary today, 8 January 2012.
South Africa has come a long way from passbooks, state murders, arrests, tortures and brutal racial laws. We still carry so many scars but today we stand to celebrate and give Thanks to everybody who contributed to the liberation of South Africa.


A video about Music and the liberation struggle.

 
"I have walked that long road to freedom. I have tried not to falter. I have made missteps
along the way. But I have discovered the secret that after climbing a great hill, one only
finds that there are many more hills to climb. I have taken a moment here to rest, to steal a
view of the glorious vista that surrounds me, to look back on the distance I have come. But I
can only rest for a moment, for with freedom come responsibilities, and I dare not linger, for
my long walk is not ended."

_Nelson Mandela

No comments:

Post a Comment